We study Jiu-jitsu, incorporating classical Judo.
Who are my students? Young adults, women and men, most studying at the University (some not), recent graduates, some older guys (often with some previous martial arts experience). They come in most shapes and sizes.
Because of the hands-on nature of the class, and because most of the training is done in pairs, I can only take on so many new students at a time.
Once people have been training with me for 6 to 12 months, I encourage them to pick up an extra class (or two) each week at our Honbu (headquarters). This can be helpful in accelerating their progress through additional training hours and access to high-level instruction.
You will probably like my class if your priorities include some of
- Personal development
- Social development
- A discipline that challenges both mind and body
- Technical excellence
- All-round fitness
- A personal discipline that can be a fascinating lifelong pursuit
My class may not be for you if you
- Abhor all violence, even for self-defence
- Can't abide even a little bit of pain
- Live to compete
- Aren't prepared to make mistakes and look foolish occasionally
- Expect to earn a black belt in 3 years (or less)
- Are currently training in other martial arts
- Can only commit to training once a month